A look back on 2021
As we prepare to say goodbye to 2021, we wish to share some of Scope’s highlights for the past year!
Our vision is a world where everyone, everywhere can experience a healthy, dignified, fulfilling life. Today, striving towards that goal seems more important than ever as the COVID-19 pandemic and rapidly advancing climate crisis are steepening inequality gaps and ravaging our shared planet. For the past year, our team has worked hard to accelerate social change where it is needed the most. Here are some of the highlights of the work we did in 2021!
In 2021, we launched new projects to…
- Generate demand for cervical health in Kenya with the Kizazi Chetu campaign, almost doubling national cervical cancer screenings as a result
- Design an inclusive service model for group perinatal care in the Healthy Women, Healthy Families project, ready to be implemented in Bangladesh in 2022
- Mobilise millions of young Kenyans to self-manage their reproductive health and demand better contraception access through the #FormNiGani platform
- Guide Save the Elephants through a rapid innovation process to build a future-proof strategy for long-term human-animal coexistence and wildlife conservation
- Create an interactive and user-friendly version of the lifesaving Newborn Health in Humanitarian Settings Field Guide for frontline health workers in crisis situations
Wrapped up some of our multi-year projects…
- Leveraging rituals to strengthen service delivery and frontline health worker role in India with RISE, creating a framework to deliver behaviour change interventions that are accepted, adopted, and sustained over time
- Embedding human-centred design in essential primary healthcare practice in Nigeria through Core Nigeria, engaging 146 public health actors and 169 decision-makers in the innovation programme
On top of which we…
None of this would have been possible without our partners and community, whom we want to thank warmly for the past year. The Scope team looks forward to continuing our ongoing projects as well as building new collaborations for the next 365 days and beyond. Happy New Year!
Back to news