Scope Impact is seeking a French-speaking Service Designer Consultant to explore marketplace support to assist family planning innovators and entrepreneurs in Asia and Africa.
Title: Service Designer Consultant
Reports to: Project Lead
Type: Fixed-term consulting assignment
Based in: Remote
Language Proficiency: Fluent in French and English
Travel: All remote work
Are you looking to contribute to the growth of a social impact company that positively affects people’s lives across health, equality, and climate? We would love to hear from you!
In this role, you will serve as a Service Designer Consultant for one of Scope’s social impact projects. The project aims to explore the marketplace support that could assist private sector family planning innovators and entrepreneurs in Africa and Asia. The role involves supporting the planning and conducting of design research, facilitating early co-creation workshops, and contributing to the development of insights and opportunities.
You will be excited and motivated to explore, ideate, test, and help solve complex social challenges through new people-centric and system-integrated interventions.
Areas of responsibility will include:
Service Design and Innovation
- Contribute to the planning and execution of design research, namely conducting and documenting discovery interviews
- Participate in synthesis and data analysis from across interviews and a landscape analysis to develop insights and identify opportunities
- Collaborate with team members to design and facilitate co-creation workshops with innovators and entrepreneurs based on the identified opportunities
- Write selected segments and contribute to the overall production of the final report
- Troubleshoot and solve challenges within project constraints alone and together with the broader team
- Produce quality project deliverables together with the broader project teams in a timely manner
In addition, the Consultant shall do additional related tasks from time to time as directed by Scope.
Required Skills and Experience
- Educated to a minimum of Bachelor-level from a relevant programme
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, including applying service design methodology in complex settings
- Demonstrated service design knowledge, skills, and experience, with good technical understanding and capabilities
- Experience and knowledge of the development and public health sectors is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and ability to grasp complex topics quickly
- Team player with the ability and experience to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams
- Proactive and self-driven
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity to different cultural environments and belief systems
- Fluent in French and English
Application deadline is 3 June 2022 (extended).
Back to careers