Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will generate sales and funding opportunities across Scope’s work in health, equality, gender, and climate change.
Role: Business Development Manager
Timing: 1 Year fixed-term, start ASAP
Based in: Location open
Travel: None (at present)
Role and responsibilities
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for generating sales and funding opportunities for Scope’s ambitious work across health, equality, gender, and climate change, bringing about real change in the lives of historically underserved people globally.
In this role, the Business Development Manager will work with the Partnerships Team and Scope experts in executing our new business strategy. This will include generating sales leads, working with colleagues to develop new concepts, and turning these opportunities into winning contracts with Scope clients. The Business Development Manager will also support the team in delivering Scope’s external relations and communications strategy in support of our impact goals. This Business Development Manager will hence play a critical role in developing diverse and long-term partnerships with existing and new clients, as well as advocating for Scope’s creative problem-solving approach globally. Furthermore, the manager will play a key role in building relations and generating new investments from specific geographies as well as building Scope-wide new business capabilities.
Key activities and tasks:
- Lead the delivery of Scope’s new business development strategy. Manage and collaborate with our interdisciplinary team in the implementation of the plan, with a focus on diversifying Scope’s client base.
- Research and analyse the health, equality, gender, and climate change sector trends, shifts, and stakeholder strategies, bringing this knowledge into programme design, planning, and sales.
- Work with teams to identify emerging opportunities linked to the achievement of Scope’s social mission goals and company strategy.
- Liaise with clients and partners in designing new opportunities for social impact and developing these into funded programmes together with the team.
- Develop outstanding concept notes as well as clear proposal narratives, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks in collaboration with Scope’s interdisciplinary team.
- Support the development, roll-out, and management of organisation-wide systems and tools for client management and new business development.
- Lead reporting to the board on new business strategy execution.
Partnerships and Communication
- Work closely with the CEO and teams to help position Scope with clients and decision-makers globally.
- Identify and follow through on opportunities to raise the profile of Scope’s work through events, conferences, and client-focused meetings.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience and results in resource mobilisation in health, equality, gender, and climate change sectors.
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in social impact, global health, or related field.
- Experience in similar consultancies not required, but would be an asset.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Social Impact, Public Health, Finance, Economics, International Relations, or Communications-related fields.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing strategies, proposals, concept notes, reports, or briefing papers and the ability to synthesise key concepts for diverse audiences.
- Proven skills in editing and research, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytic, strategic thinking, and planning skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels and in intercultural environments.
- Commitment to social change and Scope’s impact mission.
- Flexibility and ability to work well in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven attitude and way of working.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Social impact or public health sector knowledge is an advantage.
Application deadline 19 April 2021.
Submit your application.
Back to careers